Red Pepper Meat Loaf
This recipe is a nice substitute for the usual beef meat loaf. It's plenty moist and so flavorful with the sweet red pepper. Leftovers are great for sandwiches the next day.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3/4 cup coarsely crumbled corn bread
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Dash dried basil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble pork and
- turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a
- greased 8-in. square baking dish. Drizzle with barbecue sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 299 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4