Red Pepper Jalapeno Muffins Recipe
These moist, spicy muffins boast as much flavor as color. They go great with soups and salads, says Agnes Ward of Stratford, Ontario. Substitute a can of chopped green chilies for the jalapenos for less heat.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers, patted dry
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced jalapeno peppers, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and sour cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese, red peppers and jalapenos. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 126 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 281 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Red Pepper Jalapeno Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC