Red Pepper Green Bean Roll-Ups Recipe
Delicious and healthy, this appetizer is a yummy way to eat green beans. The roll-ups can be prepared ahead of time, and guests always comment on how tasty and different they are.
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 15 slices white bread
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 jar (7-1/4 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, well drained
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Place the beans in a large resealable plastic bag; add salad dressing. Seal bag and toss to coat; refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Trim crusts from bread. With a rolling pin, flatten each slice slightly. Combine mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 teaspoon on each slice of bread.
- 3. Cut roasted peppers into 1/2-in. slices. Drain and discard marinade. Place three green beans and two pepper slices on each slice of bread. Roll up from a long side and secure with a toothpick. Brush with butter; roll in parsley. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, discard toothpicks and cut each roll into three pieces. Yield: 45 appetizers.
3 each: 104 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Red Pepper Green Bean Roll-Ups
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC