Red Pepper-Curry Chicken
The everyday ingredients in this dish are transformed into a colorful weeknight meal. The sauce beautifully coats the chicken.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup
- for serving.
- Flatten chicken slightly. Cut red pepper in half lengthwise and
- remove seeds. Brush with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill chicken
- and red pepper, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the
- heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°. Baste chicken occasionally with mayonnaise mixture.
- Chop red pepper and toss with parsley. Serve chicken with red pepper
- and sauce mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a