The everyday ingredients in this dish are transformed into a colorful weeknight meal. The sauce beautifully coats the chicken.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 ounces each)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Set aside 1/4 cup for serving.
- Flatten chicken slightly. Cut red pepper in half lengthwise and remove seeds. Brush with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Grill chicken and red pepper, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Baste chicken occasionally with mayonnaise mixture.
- Chop red pepper and toss with parsley. Serve chicken with red pepper and sauce mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Red Pepper-Curry Chicken in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012, p23
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Red Pepper-Curry Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2013
"My husband and I didn't care for the taste of this sauce and we usually love anything curry. Sorry but I won't be making this again."