Red Pepper Corn
“This handy corn dish is a must at family parties.” —Kasia Rachfall, Langley, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep\Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place the corn, red pepper and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 8-10 minutes or until corn is
- tender; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 130 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.