Red Pepper Chicken Recipe
Chicken breasts are treated to a bevy of black beans, red peppers and tomatoes in this Southwestern supper from Piper Spiwak. "We love this colorful dish over rice cooked in chicken broth," pens the Vienna, Virginia cook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, red peppers, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC