Red Pepper Chicken Recipe
Chicken breasts are treated to black beans, red peppers and juicy tomatoes in this Southwestern supper. We love it served with rice plumped up in chicken broth. —Piper Spiwak, Vienna, Virginia
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, red peppers, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Red Pepper Chicken
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2011
"Delicious flavors and simple to make - my family loved it! I served it with rice pilaf and a spinach salad."
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2011
"We really liked the flavor that the roasted red peppers gave this dish. It had a lot of tasty broth, so I served it over rice in bowls."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC