Red Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, red peppers, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Red Pepper Chicken
"Delicious flavors and simple to make - my family loved it! I served it with rice pilaf and a spinach salad."
"We really liked the flavor that the roasted red peppers gave this dish. It had a lot of tasty broth, so I served it over rice in bowls."
"This is an easy, wonderful recipe to perk up chicken or pork chops-I keep fire roasted peppers on hand specifically for this recipe"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.