Chicken breasts are treated to a bevy of black beans, red peppers and tomatoes in this Southwestern supper from Piper Spiwak. "We love this colorful dish over rice cooked in chicken broth," pens the Vienna, Virginia cook.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Hot cooked rice
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, red peppers, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Red Pepper Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Red Pepper Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review