- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (about 12 ounces)
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulb (do not peel or separate cloves). Brush with 1 teaspoon oil. Wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool.
- Broil red peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 10 minutes. Immediately place peppers in a bowl; cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Coarsely chop peppers. Cut top off garlic head, leaving root end intact. Squeeze softened garlic from bulb and finely chop.
- In a bowl, combine the parsley, basil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Add peppers and garlic; mix well. Cut bread into 16 slices, 1/2 in. thick; broil until lightly toasted. Top with pepper mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Red Pepper Bruschetta
"LOVE the roasted pepper twist in this version. Roasting the garlic and peppers takes a little more time but is an absolute must and worth it step! The roasted flavors make all the difference. I like doing this side by side with a traditional bruschetta that way my company that aren't big tomatoes fans can enjoy a tasty treat too."
"Loved it! Made as-is per recipe. Thought that garlic may have been too overpowering, but it ended up being perfect! I did mix all in advance and the flavors sat and melded while I was preparing the rest of the meal."
"I added a little more pepper, as well as some red pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar. Super delicious!"