Red Pepper Bean Medley Recipe
“It’s nice to eat light now that spring is in the air,” notes Louise Watkins in Long Key, Florida. Her bright and breezy veggie side dish features a splash of lemony flavor and also doubles as a great salad served cold.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add red peppers; cover and steam 5-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Transfer beans and peppers to a serving bowl; add onion mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 63 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Red Pepper Bean Medley
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC