“It’s nice to eat light now that spring is in the air,” notes Louise Watkins in Long Key, Florida. Her bright and breezy veggie side dish features a splash of lemony flavor and also doubles as a great salad served cold.
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add red peppers; cover and steam 5-6 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Transfer beans and peppers to a serving bowl; add onion mixture and toss to combine. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Red Pepper Bean Medley in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p9
Reviews for Red Pepper Bean Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review