This is a favorite recipe of mine to give as a gift during the holiday season. I usually give a 4 oz. baby food jar of it along with a box of crackers and an 8 oz package of Cream Cheese.—Lee Deneau, Lansing, Michigan
- 10 to 12 medium sweet red peppers, quartered and seeded
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Assorted crackers or vegetables
- In a food processor, cover and process peppers in batches until pureed. Process enough peppers to yield 3 cups. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in vinegar until smooth. Add the butter, mustard and pureed peppers.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; cool completely. Refrigerate until ready to prepare dip. Yield: 7 batches (3-1/2 cups total).
- To prepare dip: In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup mix until smooth. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Yield: 1-1/2 cups per batch.
Originally published as Red Pepper 'n' Cheese Dip in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2008, p64
Reviews for Red Pepper 'n' Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review