Red Pepper & Parmesan Tilapia
My husband and I are always looking for light fish recipes because of their health benefits. This one's a hit with him, and we've tried it at dinner parties, too. It's a staple! —Michelle Martin, Durham, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- Place egg substitute in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl,
- combine the cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes and pepper. Dip
- fillets in egg substitute, then cheese mixture.
- Place in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking
- spray. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 179 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.