Red Onion Foccacia for Two Recipe
Our Test Kitchen suggests this delicious but quick way to make focaccia using frozen bread dough.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 3 frozen bread dough rolls, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 red onion slices, separated into rings
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough together. Roll out into a 7-in. circle. Place on greased 7-1/2-in. pizza pan or baking sheet. Brush with oil. Top with onion slices. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 28-32 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic salt; brush over warm foccacia. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 573 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC