Red Onion Focaccia
Sauteing the onions in oil before using them to top this quick focaccia gives them a more mellow flavor with just a hint of crispiness.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small red onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large skillet, saute onions in 1 tablespoon oil for 4 minutes;
- set aside.
- On a greased baking sheet, roll out pizza crust into a 12-in. x 8-in.
- rectangle. Brush with remaining oil. Sprinkle with the cheeses,
- rosemary and garlic powder. Top with onions.
- Bake at 425° for 14-16 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.