Red Leaf and Mandarin Salad Recipe
- 8 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, oranges, cheese and peppers.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard and salt. Stir in onion. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 164 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Red Leaf and Mandarin Salad
"absolutely loved this salad, and my family did as well. I have made it twice and both times a success!"