Red Leaf and Mandarin Salad
A delicious mix of sweet, salty and tangy makes this effortless salad outstanding. It looks beautiful with the colorful lettuce, peppers, mandarin oranges and almonds glistening with dressing. —Heather Villasenor, Amarillo, TX
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, oranges, cheese and peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, honey, vinegar, mustard and salt.
- Stir in onion. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 164 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.