Red-Hot Molded Hearts
This cool salad gets a bit of "warmth" from melted cinnamon candies. Stirred into strawberry gelatin, the applesauce picks up a rosy hue and molds wonderfully. —Kay Curtis, Guthrie, Oklahoma
10-12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2-1/2 cups applesauce
- In a large bowl, dissolve candies in water. Stir in gelatin until
- dissolved. Fold in applesauce. Pour into twelve greased 1/3-cup
- individual molds, a 4-cup heart-shaped mold or a 1-qt. bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight or until set. Yield: 10-12 servings.