Red-Hot Gelatin Salad Recipe
“This is my grandma’s recipe,” writes Paula Ptomey of Porterville, California. “My mother makes this salad just about every year during the holidays. It has a spicy cinnamon taste that is really good. Even my daughter, who is a picky eater, likes it.”
- 1 package (3 ounces) cherry gelatin
- 1-1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup chopped tart apples
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. In another bowl, dissolve red-hots in remaining water; stir into gelatin. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
- 2. Fold in the apples, celery and walnuts. Pour into a 4-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Red-Hot Gelatin Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC