- cake pan or pizza pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and
- confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add cream, food
- coloring, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth.
- Place larger cake on a serving plate; spread with frosting. Top with
- smaller cake; frost. Decorate as desired. Save any remaining
- frosting for another use.
- Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 567 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 85 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.