Red Grape Salad
My mother-in-law shared this recipe with me 40 years ago. She served this salad at all holiday meals, and the tradition has continued in our family. Preparation is so much easier today, thanks to red grapes without seeds! Another "updated" shortcut in the preparation is miniature marshmallows...cooks from the good old days know what "sticky fun" it was to snip regular-sized marshmallows!
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set pineapple
- aside. In a bowl, beat juice, cream cheese and mayonnaise until
- fluffy. Stir in pineapple, marshmallows and grapes. Fold in whipped
- cream. Serve immediately or refrigerate. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 193 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.