Red Flannel Hash
This is an old-fashioned skillet meal that satisfies big appetites with its hearty mix of ingredients. It gets its name from the rosy color the dish picks up from the beets.
-Jesse & Anne Foust, Bluefield, West Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) sliced beets, drained and chopped
- 2 cups chopped cooked corned beef
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat the oil in a 12-in. skillet. Add all remaining ingredients. Cook
- and stir over low heat for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and
- heated through. Yield: 4 servings.