- Stir in the meatballs, broth, zucchini, carrot, cabbage, fish sauce
- and remaining coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until carrot is tender and meatballs
- are heated through. Drain noodles; stir into soup.
- Garnish with bean sprouts, chow mein noodles, basil and onions if
- desired. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with regular (full-fat) coconut milk. Light coconut milk contains less fat.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/4 cups (calculated without optional garnishes) equals 572 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 1,204 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.