Red Currant Muffins Recipe
Currants hold up so nicely baked into these yummy, golden cake-like muffins. The berries add tartness to the sweet mixture. These are great for breakfast, brunch or a snack.Jane Larter, Hallock, Minnesota
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup red currants
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and orange peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture just until blended. Fold in currants.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Red Currant Muffins in Taste of Home August/September 1999, p57
Reviews for Red Currant Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review