Red Clam Sauce Over Pasta
Laura Valdez of Arlington, Texas sends this sensational basil-seasoned clam sauce that will shake up supper time. It's a nice change from typical meat-based pasta sauces.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter and oil for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, clams, parsley, basil and pepper. Bring to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 115 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 739 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.