Laura Valdez of Arlington, Texas sends this sensational basil-seasoned clam sauce that will shake up supper time. It's a nice change from typical meat-based pasta sauces.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams, drained
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter and oil for 30 seconds. Stir in the tomato sauce, clams, parsley, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Red Clam Sauce Over Pasta in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p46
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Red Clam Sauce Over Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review