This delicious combination has a sweet and tart flavor with a hint of bacon and apple that marries well together. —Patricia Rutherford, Winchester, Illinois
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small head red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the drippings, saute onion and apple until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Stir in reserved bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Red Cabbage with Apple in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p45
Reviews for Red Cabbage with Apple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review