- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 small head red cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the drippings, saute onion and apple until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender. Stir in reserved bacon. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Red Cabbage with Apple in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p45
Reviews for Red Cabbage with Apple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2010
This is excellent! My family has added it as a must have dish for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2009
This became a family favorite from day one!
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2008
Very quick to make, I even ate it cold and it was delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >