Red Cabbage Apple Slaw Recipe
A pleasant yogurt and mayonnaise dressing, seasoned with celery seed, coats this colorful cabbage and apple concoction from field editor Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas. "This tasty twist on coleslaw will perk up any meal," she assures.
- 3/4 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-3/4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Dash each onion salt, white pepper and celery seed
- 1. In a bowl, toss apple with lemon juice. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 152 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC