Red Cabbage Apple Slaw Recipe
A pleasant yogurt and mayonnaise dressing, seasoned with celery seed, coats this colorful cabbage and apple concoction from field editor Dorothy Pritchett of Wills Point, Texas. "This tasty twist on coleslaw will perk up any meal," she assures.
- 3/4 cup diced peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-3/4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Dash each onion salt, white pepper and celery seed
- In a bowl, toss apple with lemon juice. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Red Cabbage Apple Slaw in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p23
Reviews for Red Cabbage Apple Slaw(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2013
I've been making this recipe for several years, since my family really enjoys it. We prefer a sweeter coleslaw, so I use vanilla yogurt and add a little extra sugar.
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2011
Great side dish and so easy. Worked well with Pecan Crusted Chicken dish.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes For Two >
- Side Dishes for Two >