- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a saucepan, saute garlic, green pepper and onion in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the next five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 5-7 minutes or until the sausage is heated through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Red Beans and Sausage in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p44
Reviews for Red Beans and Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2014
"Surprisingly good and very simple and quick to make. I just added a little salt and it was good to go."
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2013
Reviewed May. 14, 2012
"I make this all the time. We use Jalapeno's instead of green peppers. My husband and 7 yr old daughter love this."