- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the next five ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 5-7 minutes or until sausage is heated through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Red Beans and Sausage
Sort By :
"Awesome! my family loved it! only change I made was using Conecuh pork sausage! we really love it in Alabama:)"
"Surprisingly good and very simple and quick to make. I just added a little salt and it was good to go."
"I make this all the time. We use Jalapeno's instead of green peppers. My husband and 7 yr old daughter love this."