- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a saucepan, saute garlic, green pepper and onion in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the next five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 5-7 minutes or until the sausage is heated through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Red Beans and Sausage in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p44
Reviews for Red Beans and Sausage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2014
Surprisingly good and very simple and quick to make. I just added a little salt and it was good to go.
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2013
Reviewed May. 14, 2012
I make this all the time. We use Jalapeno's instead of green peppers. My husband and 7 yr old daughter love this.