- Stir in the beans, water, bay leaves, thyme and hot pepper sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until
- beans are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer 10-15 minutes longer or until beans reach desired
- consistency. Discard bay leaves. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup beans with 1/2 cup rice equals 347 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 18 g protein.