Mango lends a sweet tropical twist to our Test Kitchen's warm weather version of red beans and rice. Green pepper and onion add crunch to the chilled concoction that's tossed with salsa, then sprinkled with cilantro just before serving.
Recommended: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled mango or peaches (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup salsa, well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Red Beans and Rice Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p20
Reviews for Red Beans and Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review