- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, green pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Add cilantro; cook and stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in the beans, salt, cumin and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Red Beans and Rice
Sort By :
"Loved it!! Made my boring beans and rice into very flavorful beans and rice!!!"
"Delish! I usually pass over recipes without a picture, but wanted to make a cajun inspired meal for Mardi Gras 2012, and needed something I had all the ingredients for. This was easy. I ussed brown rice and didn't really measure ingredients, but it was FANTASTIC!"