I discovered this recipe several years ago at a church function. The combination of flavors is tantalizing-this dish is a real crowd-pleaser! The kidney beans, chili beans and corn chips all represent the cooking of the West/Southwest region. This dish is great for your family, or for family gatherings.
Featured In: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet pickle
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup coarsely crushed corn chips
- In bowl, combine the kidney beans, chili beans, celery, pickle, onion and cheese. In smaller bowl, blend salt and Worcestershire sauce with mayonnaise; toss with bean mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with corn chips. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Red Bean Toss in Country February/March 1991, p49
Reviews for Red Bean Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review