Red and Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
Two types of potatoes help this creamy side dish stand out at warm weather get-togethers. People love the spicy mustard dressing.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place the red potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 8-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drain potatoes; add to vinegar mixture and stir gently to coat. Cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and milk. Stir in the celery, onion and parsley. Gently stir into cooled potato mixture. Serve immediately or cover and chill. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup equals 136 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 360 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC