Red and Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place the red potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 8-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drain potatoes; add to vinegar mixture and stir gently to coat. Cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and milk. Stir in the celery, onion and parsley. Gently stir into cooled potato mixture. Serve immediately or cover and chill. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 136 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Red and Sweet Potato Salad
"Delicious! I would suggest cooking the sweet potato for a little less time- mine turned out mushy... flavor was great!"
"It's pretty, tasty and healthy. What more could you ask for?"
"A different style of potato salad that is really tasty. I love the tang of the vinegar in the sauce. Nice change of pace from the traditional. I didn't have red onion, so I didn't use any, but it still was great."