- 2 pounds red potatoes (about 7 medium), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place red potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, until all potatoes are tender, 8-10 minutes.
- Drain; place in a large bowl. Whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper; stir into potatoes. Cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and milk; stir in celery, onion and parsley. Stir gently into potato mixture. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Red and Sweet Potato Salad
"Delicious! I would suggest cooking the sweet potato for a little less time- mine turned out mushy... flavor was great!"
"It's pretty, tasty and healthy. What more could you ask for?"
"A different style of potato salad that is really tasty. I love the tang of the vinegar in the sauce. Nice change of pace from the traditional. I didn't have red onion, so I didn't use any, but it still was great."