- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place the red potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 2 minutes. Add sweet potatoes; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 8-10 minutes longer or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Drain potatoes; add to vinegar mixture and stir gently to coat. Cool.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and milk. Stir in the celery, onion and parsley. Gently stir into cooled potato mixture. Serve immediately or cover and chill. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Red and Sweet Potato Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p31
Reviews for Red and Sweet Potato Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2012
A different style of potato salad that is really tasty. I love the tang of the vinegar in the sauce. Nice change of pace from the traditional. I didn't have red onion, so I didn't use any, but it still was great.
More Recipe Collections
- Creamy Potato Salads >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Salad >
- Potato Salad Recipes >
- Red Potato Salad Recipes >