- Carlini Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, divided
- 1/4 cup Fit & Active Plain Nonfat Yogurt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan Garden White Vinegar, divided
- 2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 2 teaspoons green food coloring
- 1 Goldhen Large Egg
- 1/2 cup Baker's Corner Baking Cocoa, divided*
- 17-1/2 ounces Baker's Corner Sugar Cookie Mix*
- 3 tablespoons Baker's Corner All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Friendly Farms 2% Milk
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Countryside Creamery Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 cup Baker’s Corner Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Stonemill Essentials Pure Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375°. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Place 1/4 cup of butter into 2 medium bowls. Microwave until melted. To each bowl, add 2 tablespoons yogurt, 1-1/2 teaspoons vinegar and 2 teaspoons of red or green food coloring. Beat the egg in a small bowl and divide between the two bowls (about 2 tablespoons each). To each bowl, add 1/4 cup cocoa and 1-1/2 cups cookie mix. Use an electric mixer to blend on medium speed until each batter is well combined.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets (each color should yield about 16 cookies). Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks.
- Prepare frosting: In a small saucepan, whisk together flour and milk over medium heat until mixture thickens to a pudding consistency. Cover mixture and cool to room temperature (can be refrigerated). Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add milk mixture and vanilla and mix until fluffy and smooth.
- Crumble 2 of each color cookie into small bowls. Pipe frosting onto remaining cookies and top each with cookie crumbs. Yield: 28 cookies (14 red and 14 green).
Originally published as Red and Green Velvet Cookies Provided by ALDI
Reviews for Red and Green Velvet Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review