Red and Green Salad Recipe
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup poppy seed or French salad dressing
- 1. In a bowl, toss the salad greens, onion and fruit. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Red and Green Salad
"I added feta cheese, blackberries and candied walnuts with cranberries. Everyone loved it!!! Will be making this again!"
"This salad is more than tasty, it adds beauty to your table during the Christmas season. If you have children you can simply leave the dressing on the side and add a Ranch dressing for options."
"Instead of mixed salad greens, I used red-leaf lettuce only. This is a beautiful salad that I plan on serving during the Christmas holdays. It is not only pretty, but delicious. I used the poppy seed dressing."
"I used a large head of red leaf lettuce for my greens. This is a beautiful salad with the red raspberries & green kiwi. This a definite make again."