Red and Green Salad Recipe
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 2 medium red apples, diced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup poppy seed or French salad dressing
- 1. In a bowl, toss the salad greens, onion and fruit. Drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 238 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Red and Green Salad
"I made this to serve alongside prime rib, twice-baked potatoes and green beans for Christmas dinner tonight. Had homemade dressings, French and poppy seed, alongside. I halved the recipe, substituted pomegranate seeds for the raspberries, used a Honeycrisp apple, added crumbled feta cheese, and left out the green onions, as there were already plenty of those in the potatoes. I used the Dole spring lettuce mix. My 84-y/o widower dad ignored the salad completely, but he always has. My mom used to complain about how difficult it was to get him to eat vegetables. Everyone else (me, the hubster, daughter and daughter's boyfriend) loved it. The general consensus was that it is much better with poppy seed dressing than with French dressing."
"I added feta cheese, blackberries and candied walnuts with cranberries. Everyone loved it!!! Will be making this again!"
"I used a large head of red leaf lettuce for my greens. This is a beautiful salad with the red raspberries & green kiwi. This a definite make again."