Red and Green Casserole
This recipe is at least 100 years old. Make it once and you'll see why it has been a favorite for over a century!Joan Latourette, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces wide noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef, onions and peppers until vegetables are
- tender. Drain well. Stir in soup, water, sugar, chili powder, salt
- and pepper. Stir in noodles. Turn into a greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.