Red and Green Apple Salad
Even though this colorful salad is perfect at Christmastime, it's so good I fix it throughout the year for buffets.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 medium unpeeled green apples, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium unpeeled red apples, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 20 red maraschino cherries, halved
- 20 green maraschino cherries, halved
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour over
- apples and toss to coat. Stir in dates, nuts and cherries. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 302 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.