Red and Green Apple Salad Recipe
Even though this colorful salad is perfect at Christmastime, it's so good I fix it throughout the year for buffets.
- 3 medium unpeeled green apples, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium unpeeled red apples, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 20 red maraschino cherries, halved
- 20 green maraschino cherries, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate. Just before serving, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour over apples and toss to coat. Stir in dates, nuts and cherries. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 302 calories, 16g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Red and Green Apple Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC