Red, White and Brew Slow-Cooked Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounces) chili seasoning
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. Place the first eight ingredients in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Stir in beer; set aside.
- 2. Rub chicken pieces with chili seasoning. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour tomato mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 3. Thicken cooking liquid if desired. Serve chicken with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked chicken with 1/3 cup sauce: 343 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 687mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Red, White and Brew Slow-Cooked Chicken
"Watery sauce with no depth of flavor."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.