Red, White and Blueberry Salad Recipe
Lovely and layered, this delightful gelatin salad rounds out any meal fruitfully. "Originally my grandmother's recipe. I regularly make it for potlucks," details. Linnea Tucker of Dolores, Colorado. "I believe my father would eat the entire dish himself it I let him!"
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries in syrup, undrained
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve one package of raspberry gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Stir in 1 cup cold water. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; chill until set. In a small bowl, soften unflavored gelatin in the remaining cold water; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine cream and sugar; whisk over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Add cream cheese and softened unflavored gelatin; cook and stir until smooth. Cool. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Spoon over raspberry gelatin. Refrigerate until completely set.
- 3. In a large bowl, dissolve second package of raspberry gelatin in remaining boiling water. Stir in blueberries. Carefully spoon over cream cheese layer. Chill several hours or overnight. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Red, White and Blueberry Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC