Red, White and Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 8 whole fresh strawberries, halved lengthwise
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip the halved strawberries halfway in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place cut side down on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- 2. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Spread the remaining melted chocolate over the bottom and sides of crust. Arrange sliced strawberries in crust.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually add milk. Beat in pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened; spread evenly over sliced strawberries.
- 4. Place blueberries in center of pie. Arrange dipped strawberries around the edge. Pipe whipped topping between the strawberries and blueberries. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 342 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.