"This is a wonderful light dessert for a Fourth of July party or other summer get-together. And it's as pretty as it is tasty," says Kimberly McFarland of Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 8 whole fresh strawberries, halved lengthwise
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.3 ounces) instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate; stir until smooth. Dip the halved strawberries halfway in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place cut side down on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set. Spread the remaining melted chocolate over the bottom and sides of crust. Arrange sliced strawberries in crust.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually add milk. Beat in pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes or until thickened; spread evenly over sliced strawberries.
- Place blueberries in center of pie. Arrange dipped strawberries around the edge. Pipe whipped topping between the strawberries and blueberries. Chill until serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Red, White and Blueberry Pie in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p10
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Red, White and Blueberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review