Red, White and Blue Refresher
"A colorful combination of pineapple sherbet, berries and grape juice makes a refreshing dessert on a hot summer day," writes Carol Gillespie of Chambersburg, Pennsylvania.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 quart pineappleor lemon sherbet
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup white grape juice or white wine
- Divide the sherbet among four dessert cups or bowls. Top with the
- berries and grape juice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 266 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.