Red, White and Blue Pita Pockets for Two Recipe
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1 cup torn red leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons sliced red onion
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, oil and garlic; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and blue cheese; set aside. Drain and discard marinade.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry beef for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Line pita halves with lettuce, red peppers and onion; fill each with 1/3 cup beef. Serve with sour cream mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now