Red, White and Blue Muffins Recipe
"Since my two children are grown, this is the perfect size recipe for just my husband and me," writes Ronna Farley of Rockville, Maryland. "They are easy to prepare, pretty and delicious!"
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3 tablespoons white baking chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the strawberries, blueberries and vanilla chips.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
1 each: 232 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 72mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Red, White and Blue Muffins
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2010
"I made into 17 mini muffins."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC