- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 quarts strawberries, halved, divided
- 2 quarts blueberries, divided
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extracts until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Place a third of the mixture in a 4-qt. bowl. Reserve 20 strawberry halves and 1/2 cup blueberries for garnish.
- Layer half of the remaining strawberries and blueberries over cream mixture. Top with another third of the cream mixture and the remaining berries. Spread the remaining cream mixture on top. Use the reserved strawberries and blueberries to make a "flag" on top. Yield: 18 servings.
Reviews for Red, White and Blue Dessert
"Can you make this the night before, or does it need to be made the day of?"
"Another Memorial Day and another request for this delicious and easy dessert! Fresh tasting and full of summer flavor. I use Neufchatel (low fat cream cheese, ok, just a little lower, but every little bit helps) and no difference in taste."
"This is my summer go-to dessert! Everyone loves it, always a hit :) Thanks for a great recipe."
"Yummy and very pretty cake in a trifle bowl. Also added pound cake to the layers"
"We love this!"
"I 've made this before and it tastes wonderful! Delicious for sure!"
"This was delicious and very light. Great after a filling meal and elegant to serve to guests. My friends loved it!"
"I've made this for years. Love the creamy filling with whip cream and cream cheese. We always love this!!! Make sure not to over beat the filling. I did that once and it was watery."
"I have made this as a fruit dip excellent!!"