Red, White and Blue Chili Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blue tortilla chips
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, chicken, beans, chili seasoning, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 216 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,260 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Red, White and Blue Chili
"I have been making this chili for years! It is delicious and a nice change from traditional chili."