- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Blue tortilla chips
- In a Dutch oven, saute green pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, chicken, beans, chili seasoning, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 8 servings (about 2 quarts).
Originally published as Red, White and Blue Chili in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p221
Reviews for Red, White and Blue Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2010
"I have been making this chili for years! It is delicious and a nice change from traditional chili."