Red, White and Blue Berry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons raspberry gelatin
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 pint fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in gelatin until dissolved.
- 2. Divide mixture in half. Stir blueberries and lemon juice into one portion; spread over crust. Chill until set. Gently fold raspberries into remaining gelatin mixture; cool to room temperature and set aside.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over blueberry layer. Chill until set, about 2 hours.
- 4. Carefully spread raspberry mixture over cream cheese layer. Chill for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 460 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Red, White and Blue Berry Pie
"This recipe has been around for years. I first tried this when I saw it in the Taste of Home magazine. It is awesome! Only thing is I use strawberries in place of raspberries. Be prepared for an empty pie plate and plenty of requests for this recipe!!!!"
"This was delicious .As someone else suggested I substituted Stawberries for the raspberries.I also used strawberry jello.I would suggest a deep dish crust it makes a lot of filling. Can't wait to make it for the 4th of July. I also may try with peaches and strawberries sometime"
"This is a very light and delicious pie. It was loved by all!"
"This pie is absolutely delicious!!! I have made it twice, once with raspberries and once with strawberries. Both were delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe!!!!"
"Excellent!!! My family loved this pie! It was light, cool and refreshing... the perfect dessert for 4th of July!"
"I want to make this pie because it got such good reviews. I dont care for raspberries so I will sub with fresh strawberries and strawberry gelatin. Also, whipped topping is such a sub standard product made of oil and chemicals, I will make real whipped cream and use that instead."
"This pie is soooo delicious! I've made others that are similar, but this pie is our favorite! Yum-yum!"
"Made this for memorial picnic, was gone before I got to try it lol big hit next time I will make several so I get some"
"Brought it to a Memorial Day party & everyone loved it :)"
"What kind of whipped topping do you use? Cool whip, redi whip, or whipping cream, whipped?"
"this is my new favorite dessert. I first made it last 4th of July but didn't think I would care for it because I'm not a big blueberry fan but I was wrong. It is delicious. I have made it with A short bread crust and also a cookie crust. All very good"
"I have made this pie many, many times and always get rave reviews and requests for the recipe. I have found that it works very well to substitute frozen unsweetened raspberries for the fresh ones, which are often outrageously priced. However, for the blueberries, it's preferable to use fresh berries for the best flavor. A delicious pie -- highly recommended!"
"i have made this pie for many parties. everyone loves it. i put blueberries ontop for a red/blue effect. very good."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.